Webinar: HIV Criminalization 101
CHLP, the Positive Women's Network and SERO held a webinar to talk about the basics of HIV criminalization.
- What is it and what do the laws look like nationwide?
- How is HIV criminalization inconsistent with modern science and fundamental legal principles?
- What are the current efforts to end HIV criminalization and how can you get involved in Texas?
- How do we build intersectional, durable coalitions that center the needs and perspectives of PLHIV?
- How do we ensure the Meaningful Involvement of People Living with HIV in HIV criminal reform efforts?
It included a discussion focused on the Texas context and allowed time for questions/comments at the end. It was geared toward those new to HIV criminalization that want to learn more and get involved.
Webinar Date: Tuesday, January 9th, at 7:00 PM ET/6:00 PM CT/4:00 PM PT.
Webinar is now online on YouTube: