CHLP is hiring a Program Associate (PA), who will join four full-time staff and two other part-time staff based in New York City and will serve in an anchoring position in a fast-paced, hard-working environment. This position is perfect for someone who thinks several steps ahead and is often described as courteous, mature, direct, highly organized, and extremely efficient. While the position is primarily administrative support and project-based, it is also a great space for an emerging professional to explore HIV legal and policy advocacy and learn more about the landscape of HIV and human rights while working with the CHLP team to coordinate the agency’s primary role as an advocacy support and strategy center, along with a variety of related projects.
This is a part-time (up to 24 hours/week) position that involves a variety of tasks and skills in a small, progressive organization.
The Program Associate will be responsible for the following:
- Process and file all invoice and vendor payment and reimbursement requests;
- Answer telephone;
- Manage office supplies;
- Process mail;
- Manage and organize multiple calendars and the shared electronic folder system;
- Complete tasks as assigned by the Executive Director and Program Director and provide administrative support to staff attorneys and outreach coordinator;
- Update and maintain call and email inquiry database;
- Participate in staff and strategy meetings;
- Assist in posting and updating website materials and new media; handle requests to post copyrighted material from publishers/authors to the HIV Policy Resource Bank;
- Maintain multiple stakeholder lists and databases;
- Assist with preparation and submission of funding requests and reports
- Assist with other development activities (e.g. mailings to and correspondence with donors, processing of donations, maintenance of donor and prospect lists/databases, maintenance of development calendar, tracking proposal and report deadlines, coordinating fundraising events); and
- Maintain system to track project progress and timelines, including staff and team reminders of deadlines.
- Monitor the CHLP website and work with offsite website team to maintain and improve website;
- Manage CHLP Facebook and Twitter accounts;
- Draft document summaries and abstracts as directed by staff attorneys and/or senior staff, work with other staff to regularly update existing HIV Policy Resource Bank documents and resources;
- Administer and maintain email lists and networks of allies for CHLP;
- Create and update meeting agendas and take notes for CHLP staff and strategy meetings;
- Assist in preparation and posting of CHLP publications; and
- Collate and summarize responses to project evaluations, assist with systems to document CHLP impact.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple assignments and meet strict deadlines
- Highly motivated self-starter capable of working independently and collaboratively;
- Interest in or current knowledge of HIV law, policy and advocacy;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and with different work styles;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong technology skills; ability and comfort working across multiple platforms including Windows- based and Apple/MAC hardware, software and peripherals; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, internet applications including Google Drive; and social media (i.e., Facebook, Twitter);
- High work project standards and attention to detail;
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience;
- A courteous, professional work style, and ability to handle pressure gracefully.
Compensation: Starting at $20 hourly (DOE)
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter, CV, up to 5 writing samples (e.g., recent blogs, articles, or papers), and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.